Planet PDF Forum Planet PDF Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hi, welcome to the Foxit Planet PDF Forum. If you have PDF or Adobe Acrobat questions then the right place to ask them is here, in this forum.

XFA sql server navigation

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
smde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote smde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: XFA sql server navigation
    Posted: 18 Jul 2014 at 4:14pm
I have considerable experience developing XFA forms and PDF automation and have developed plugins for Reader and cannot seem to solve this problem and it is really frustrating becasue , at first blush , it appears to be uber simple.

I want to create a CRUD form for a SQL Server 2008 R2 database.

I have created the XFA form , the data connection - I can see the first  record - but none of the navigation using
xfa.sourceSet.DataConnetionname.first()
xfa.sourceSet.DataConnetionname.next()
xfa.sourceSet.DataConnetionname.previous()
xfa.sourceSet.DataConnetionname.last()
etc....

Work at all.
I have used ODBC connections - with System DSN - and direct OLE connections , etc - I have tried the native driver.
I have tried various option on the Cursor type assocaited with the DataCOnnection - but nothing seems to work -

Does anyone have experience with this ? and can you , please, offer any helpful adivce.

Thank you , very much .

Sponsored Links

smde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote smde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2014 at 3:11pm

My own research into this issue has revealed that there have been some changes to Acrobat security and the simple is no longer the rule.
In the past this sort of thing would only have required that I have a folder level trusted javascript function and s digitally signed (certificate)  - but the ES4 and Acrobat XI security has some curve balls tghat - "developers" and "Support" are either 1. not capable of explaining or 2. unwilling to explain .
My bet is on #2 above ....

I think that this is really Silly. -
most of the internet realizes that the free flow of information - draws people . Agreement breeds more agreement and collusive and cooperative effort yields killer apps and successful projects -
The opposite - brings chaos .

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic