Planet PDF Forum Planet PDF Forum
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Write summary result into a single pdf document
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hi, welcome to the Foxit Planet PDF Forum. If you have PDF or Adobe Acrobat questions then the right place to ask them is here, in this forum.

Write summary result into a single pdf document

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
oald View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote oald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Write summary result into a single pdf document
    Posted: 06 Mar 2015 at 5:13am

Hi, I am using Acrobat Pro 9.0 now. I have lots of pdf documents and want to check if it is over 5mb, and if it is over 5mb, open it. so I used batch processing to run a javascript code on every documents,code I paste below. And I want to know if it is possible to generate a summary report (list all the documents name which are over 5mb) in a new pdf after the js code excute on all document? Thank you very much!

if(this.filesize > 5120)

{

app.openDoc(this.path);

}

My Product Information:
Acrobat Pro 8.1.6, Windows
Sponsored Links

BAlheit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAlheit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2015 at 7:46am
You can create a report of this documents.
oald View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote oald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2015 at 8:46am
But I am not quite sure how. if I add the code to generate a new pdf right after the code I paste in the original question, it will end up with generate one new pdf for every individual document instead of one summary report.....
My Product Information:
Acrobat Pro 8.1.6, Windows
BAlheit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAlheit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2015 at 9:14am
At the begin you can use something like that:

if ( typeof global.rep == "undefined" ) {
    global.rep = new Report();
  }

gkaiseril View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote gkaiseril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2015 at 3:12pm
The Acrobat JavaScript documentation has whole section on batch processing and there is and example of creating a report of comments from selected files. You will need to modify the script to match your specific requirements.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic