Planet PDF Forum Planet PDF Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hi, welcome to the Foxit Planet PDF Forum. If you have PDF or Adobe Acrobat questions then the right place to ask them is here, in this forum.

Why does drop shadow gets distorted?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
pagefault View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote pagefault Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Why does drop shadow gets distorted?
    Posted: 06 Jul 2019 at 6:09pm
I placed an image and a drop shadow of the same dimensions (two bitmaps) inside a pdf expecting this would work.

The image is made of multiple separate objects. Shadows in lower right corner are longer than shadows in the upper left corner. The distortion isn't huge, meaning it nearly works as expected. I could experiment with shrinking the bitmap and maybe, maybe it would work. But it makes no sense, why would I need to do that?

What is happening? Merging the bit maps in GIMP looks fine.

~

I have extracted and edited an original image from a pdf. This image had a separate drop shadow (which I think is a good idea).

I generated a new drop shadow from the edited original image. I then did "Replace image" on the image and did "Replace image" on the drop shadow. And its distorted.

~

Why does it get distorted when I replace the image and it's drop shadow on a pdf page? I used "Replace Image" action in both "ApowerPDF" and "PDF-XChange Editor" for the same result.

Edited by pagefault - 06 Jul 2019 at 6:11pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic