Planet PDF Forum Planet PDF Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hi, welcome to the Foxit Planet PDF Forum. If you have PDF or Adobe Acrobat questions then the right place to ask them is here, in this forum.

Where to get PDFInit.h

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
rogueprammer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote rogueprammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Where to get PDFInit.h
    Posted: 19 Sep 2012 at 7:23pm
I'm working through an example PDF Library application source file. All required header files (e.g., CosCalls.h, CorCalls.h, etc.) can be found in the downloadable SDK, aside from PDFInit.h. Confused

Anyone know where I can find this elusive file? All help is much appreciated!

RP
aandi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote aandi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2012 at 9:24pm

You will need a license from Adobe or DataLogics to develop with the PDF Library.

rogueprammer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote rogueprammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2012 at 9:35pm
Thanks aandi! I thought that was maybe it, but it just seemed strange that all other header files were included in the SDK, aside from PDFInit.h. 

All I wanted to do is the "Hello There" example on page 68 of the "Adobe Acrobat SDK: Developing Plug-ins and Applications" document. Oh well, looks like I'll try to get the license. (My work is non-commercial.)

Thanks again!
RP
QoppaSusan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote QoppaSusan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2012 at 9:45pm

Qoppa Software has just released new revisions to our libraries for developers to integrate PDF processing.  We are a commercial software company, but we love developers, so you can read about our code, download trials, and we have quite reasonable pricing.

Edited by Rowan - 31 Jan 2013 at 9:31am
aandi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote aandi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2012 at 10:33pm
The other header files are used by plug-ins too. Plug-ins don't require a license, just a licensed copy of Acrobat (NB not licensed for server use).
aandi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote aandi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2012 at 10:35pm
Hmm, strictly speaking plug-ins require a license too since there is an SDK license. It doesn't cost money to develop plug-ins, but there are limitations that plug-ins must respect.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic