Planet PDF Forum Planet PDF Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hi, welcome to the Foxit Planet PDF Forum. If you have PDF or Adobe Acrobat questions then the right place to ask them is here, in this forum.

What's the best way to populate a combo box

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
madmaxneo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote madmaxneo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What's the best way to populate a combo box
    Posted: 19 Apr 2019 at 1:30am
A little background: 
First off I am no programmer and but was able to develop an extensive javascript filled PDF through the help of many people. The PDF I developed is filled with all kinds of javascript, from document level javascript to form fields with their own javascripts and so on. 
The issue I am running into is that the form tends to be very slow so I am now in the process of recreating it with the idea of removing some unused code and changing some of the code so the form hopefully ends up a little bit faster. 
One of the things I did was I have these combo boxes that list choices, once a choice is selected it gets a list (from a document level javascript) and populates another combo box where the user can choose what options they want and then click a button to add them to the form.

But is using a document level javascript (DLJ) the best (read fastest) way to populate a combo box with choices made from another combo box?

I can provide examples if needed and even could provide a sample sheet, Although the sample sheet would probably not have any issues because there would be limited javascript on the sample sheet. I could also provide a copy of the form I am working on, but it could seriously confuse anyone because of the fact that the javascript is all over the sheet....
I'm just wondering if there is a faster way than using a DLJ.
try67 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote try67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2019 at 11:00pm
It doesn't matter if the code is located at the field itself or at a doc-level script. That is not what's causing it to react slowly.
- Acrobat Expert - Contact me personally at try6767@gmail.com
Check out my custom-made scripts website: http://try67.blogspot.com
madmaxneo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote madmaxneo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2019 at 3:00am
Originally posted by try67 try67 wrote:

It doesn't matter if the code is located at the field itself or at a doc-level script. That is not what's causing it to react slowly.
I know that, but I am trying to find better ways to code things to hopefully speed up the sheet some.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic