Planet PDF Forum Planet PDF Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hi, welcome to the Foxit Planet PDF Forum. If you have PDF or Adobe Acrobat questions then the right place to ask them is here, in this forum.

Welcome to the new Planet PDF Forum

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Rowan View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote Rowan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Welcome to the new Planet PDF Forum
    Posted: 01 Jul 2011 at 4:28pm
Welcome to the new Planet PDF Forum.

The old Planet PDF Forum has served us well for 10+ years now but it is time to put it out to pasture and to move onto a newer more modern platform -- something that can serve the PDF community with distinction for the next 10 years.

The new Planet PDF Forum has all the whiz bang features that you would expect from a modern forum, including the ability to browse the site using your mobile and promote particular topics through social media websites. The spam protection options are also far superior to the old forum.

The old Planet PDF Forum will be archived and will remain accessible and searchable through Google and other search engines, so none of the content will be lost.

Thanks to the Planet PDF community for making the move to the new forum with us.
Sponsored Links

bkl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote bkl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2011 at 5:52pm
This new format is horrible. I loved the two side navigation of the old forum. It was so much easier to move between forums and see what was available within a particular forum. This adds more clicks/work & less visibility.

I am very, very, very disappointed.
Rowan View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote Rowan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2011 at 7:38pm
Hi bkl,

Sorry to hear that you don't like the new layout.

Unfortunately retaining the old forum was not an option because the vendor no longer supports the forum software. We tried looking for a similar forum solution to the old forum but we couldn't find any (the use of frames has dropped off considerably in the past 5 plus years) that met our requirements.

We have to switch to a new forum solution now because the old solution is actually to old to run on modern servers, plus it's spam blocking options were very limited.

I hope you grow to like the new format!

Cheers,
- Rowan.
Horndoggie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Horndoggie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2011 at 7:43pm
I like it.  Yes, there are differences, but change can be good.
Doug
walkerpbus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote walkerpbus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2012 at 10:11pm
How do I sign off a forum?
Retired volunteer serving in a Christian non-profit
kdeabrew View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote kdeabrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2012 at 11:17am
What do you mean by sign-off - as in close your account?
walkerpbus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote walkerpbus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2012 at 9:09pm
Thanks for asking. I think I mean unsubscribe to a topic.
Retired volunteer serving in a Christian non-profit
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic