Planet PDF Forum Planet PDF Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hi, welcome to the Foxit Planet PDF Forum. If you have PDF or Adobe Acrobat questions then the right place to ask them is here, in this forum.

Wanted for hire: PDF Process Development

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
printing656 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote printing656 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wanted for hire: PDF Process Development
    Posted: 16 Nov 2012 at 10:49pm
Hello-
We have some very unique requirements involving variable data PDFs which are thousands of pages long.  I'm looking for a developer or software that could build a process that did the following:
1. Similar to Adobe's Batch Processes, Print a PDF to a new PDF using predefined print options including printing to the Windows Adobe PDF printer.

The process must run completely automated.  It must not require user intervention. 
Acrobat 8 or 9 would be installed on the machine to access the API.
The process cannot print to PS and then allow Distiller to 'Watch' the folder and make a new PDF. This method results in larger files.
The process would run on Windows XP, Windows 7, and Windows 2008 R2 64bit.
The process could produce a log file on error.
thank you-

aandi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote aandi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2012 at 8:45am
I'm not tendering but I should point out that Adobe Acrobat is not licensed for server use, and cannot be. That doesn''t make it impossible to achieve the end result, but it means that the process cannot be done based on Acrobat.

Acrobat Distiller Server is a product that can be purchased, but that is only the "to PDF" half. Adobe have no server product for printing "from PDF". Well, maybe LiveCycle Output, not sure.

So, expect your basic costs to include many, many thousands of dollars in software licensing.
aandi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote aandi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2012 at 9:06am
In fact, I'd recommend specifying this in terms of the end result.
printing656 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote printing656 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2012 at 5:18pm
Thanks, we believe we've found a solution.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic