Planet PDF Forum Planet PDF Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hi, welcome to the Foxit Planet PDF Forum. If you have PDF or Adobe Acrobat questions then the right place to ask them is here, in this forum.

using sticky notes and highlight text in brows

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bnndn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote bnndn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: using sticky notes and highlight text in brows
    Posted: 28 Mar 2012 at 8:11am

Hi
my users open a pdf file in web browser view and not on local machine.
Doing so, they cant use the sticky notes and highlight text functionality

how can i teach them to open the file on local from hyperlink (maybe by clicking a key on keyboard?)
or how can i make the functionality work in that view?

the pdf versions are various + and i cant control it by gpo or any network tool

thank u all
Dana

aandi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote aandi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2012 at 9:21am
You'd have to explain to them how to save the file, in the usual way for whatever browser they are using, then open the saved file. 
bnndn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote bnndn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2012 at 9:38am
thanks
but if they will save it some place else- it wont be in a shared location as it is now
aandi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote aandi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2012 at 12:42pm
Right. In that case it sounds as if you should be telling them to use File > Open, or provide a Wnidows Explorer window they can double click in if that sounds problematic.

In certain browsers, a file://servername/mountname/directory link will open such a window.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic