Planet PDF Forum Planet PDF Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hi, welcome to the Foxit Planet PDF Forum. If you have PDF or Adobe Acrobat questions then the right place to ask them is here, in this forum.

Email Script in LiveCycle v9.0

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NKowa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote NKowa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Email Script in LiveCycle v9.0
    Posted: 23 Mar 2013 at 6:32pm
Upgrade to the latest version of Adobe Reader, because it supports email attachments in PDF format, or you need to enable usage rights on the LiveCycle PDF using Adobe Acrobat Standard/Professional 7+.

Also, I don't see where you are passing the submission format in your mailDoc method. You may want to pass the PDF format in one of the parameters.

Note: It is easier to just add a regular "button" instead of scripting. Under the "button" properties, select "submit" as type, select the format "PDF", and enter the email address of the recipient starting with "mailto:" for the submit URL attribute.

example button submit URL:
mailto:account123@gmail.com

Or you can submit to a server-side script, such as PHP or ASP.net and send the attachment using SMTP without the need for 3rd party email software such as MS OUTLOOK.

For more information and online examples:
http://www.pdfemail.net

Edited by NKowa - 23 Mar 2013 at 6:35pm
Camping5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Camping5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2013 at 8:07pm
I have created a pretty basic form through LiveCycle, I need to have the form emailed to a specific user. However, I need the form emailed, not just the data. I have created on in the past using a nice 'mouse up*' script, but I am unable to get it to work.

The script was written about two years ago and is a basic one that takes two of the fields and fills in blanks in the email subject and body. When I save (all the save steps) the form and then re-open in Acrobat Reader, I will get the message to fill in the boxes I left empty, but the email box will  not open! I have looked at teh warning/log in LiveCycle, but tehre is nothing. Here is the script....can you tell me why I am unable to email this form??

if (employeename.rawValue != null || employeename.rawValue != "") {

vSubject = "Emerging Technology Evaluation Request form " + employeename.rawValue;

vBody = "The form has been sent by " + employeename.rawValue;

}

if (Date.rawValue != null || Date.rawValue != "") {

vBody = vBody + " on " + Date.rawValue;

}

var oDoc = event.target;

oDoc.mailDoc({

bUI: true,

cTo: "betty.smith@email.org",

cSubject: "Emerging Technology Evaluation Request from " + employeename.rawValue + " ",

cMsg: "Attached please find my completed Emerging Technology Evaluation Request form."

})

}

Thank you, my frustration level is getting very high!!

Teresa
Teresa W
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic