Planet PDF Forum Planet PDF Forum
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - keystroke and validate scripts, which fires first?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hi, welcome to the Foxit Planet PDF Forum. If you have PDF or Adobe Acrobat questions then the right place to ask them is here, in this forum.

keystroke and validate scripts, which fires first?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Merlin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Merlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: keystroke and validate scripts, which fires first?
    Posted: 30 Apr 2016 at 2:44pm
Hi.

See this figure which explain the event process (English text is gray):

try67 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote try67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2016 at 4:17pm
In principle the Keystroke event fires first, but it's a complex process. You can find more about it in the Acrobat JS API Reference, under the "event" object.
- Acrobat Expert - Contact me personally at try6767@gmail.com
Check out my custom-made scripts website: http://try67.blogspot.com
jason.zeiler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote jason.zeiler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2016 at 9:45pm
I'm using Acrobat Pro DC and I've got a form that has a field that I'm using custom keystroke scripts as well as validation scripts on the same field.  The keystroke script is used to check that field entry has reached character limit and it then sets focus to the next field.  The validation script is checking to see that the text entered into the field is within a certain set of characters which for this field are the numbers 0 & 1.  I seem to be running into issues where the validation script doesn't always catch incorrect text entry and will allow focus to move on to the next field without alerting.  I guess my question is can someone tell me how to know which script fires first, where to find that info, and if possible can it be changed? I'm assuming this is something in source code of Acrobat Pro DC that I'm not going to be able to do anything with.  Hoping someone out there has ran into this problem before and can lend a hand?< id="_npfido" ="applicationpfido" height="0">
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic