Planet PDF Forum Planet PDF Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hi, welcome to the Foxit Planet PDF Forum. If you have PDF or Adobe Acrobat questions then the right place to ask them is here, in this forum.

Help..Is this possible? (Extracting)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
try67 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote try67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help..Is this possible? (Extracting)
    Posted: 10 Dec 2015 at 10:16am
Hi Steven,

This can kind of task might be possible to automate, depending on whether or not the various elements on the pages that you want to use can be identified by a script.
For example, are form fields used? If not, does the file contain real text, or is it just a scanned image?
Also, how consistent are the various forms in the file? etc.
Basically, without seeing a sample file it's nearly impossible to say for sure whether or not it can be done.

I specialize in creating exactly this kind of custom-made tools for PDF files so if you want to send me a sample file I'll be happy to take a look at it and let you know if I think it's doable, and if so how much it will cost.
- Acrobat Expert - Contact me personally at try6767@gmail.com
Check out my custom-made scripts website: http://try67.blogspot.com
Sponsored Links

srapp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote srapp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2015 at 11:42pm
So I'm fairly new to the javascript end of Acrobat, and it's proven difficult to try and figure out what I want to do on my own. Would like to know if what I'm looking for is possible, and how to set it up. Hopefully this isn't too confusing...

I get massive PDF files at work. They come in 1 large file of hundreds of individual applications, ranging from 7 pages long (standard length) to up to 12 or so. I have to manually sort specific applications based on if they answer "Yes" to 1 of 5 questions listed on Page 4 of every application.

What I would like to do is create a way to export those applications that have "Yes" answered on page 4. The trick is that if they answer "Yes", then the standard 7 page application adds on additional pages for the applicant to answer. Each applicant will have a different number of pages in their application (if they answered "Yes") depending on how much they need to fill out on the extra pages.  

Is there a way to (try and stay with me here) say something along the lines of "Start at page 1 --> if page 4 has "Yes" then include from Page 1 until the start of the next application's Page 1"

Using Page 1 of application (A) and page 1 of application (B) seems like the only way to ensure that I extract "X" amount of pages that follow application (A) before the beginning of application (B).

Any sort of help or insight would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thank you!

Steven
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic