Planet PDF Forum Planet PDF Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hi, welcome to the Foxit Planet PDF Forum. If you have PDF or Adobe Acrobat questions then the right place to ask them is here, in this forum.

Moving text on a PDF

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
shopicsoe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote shopicsoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Moving text on a PDF
    Posted: 01 Nov 2018 at 6:24am

Which means I should probably start looking for an updated driver since I do in fact own an HP LaserJet. I do think it is a bit ridiculous that HP could not give their customers a decent hp printer in error state and decided to be all vague and nonchalant over the whole ordeal… 

Sponsored Links

aandi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote aandi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2012 at 10:33pm
A thought: if you are printing a PDF onto a pre-printed form, check the printing options very carefully. By default Acrobat and Adobe Reader will slightly move and scale the printout, so it will not line up.
bbahney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote bbahney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2012 at 7:41pm

Yes - that was one of the first things I did and, of course, was told that we should not have to modify the PDF template and that if we did it would not be supported, which I already knew. I am at the point where I am having the Print Shop trying to print the form on a differen printer as I was convinced, right from the start, that this was printer issue. The form we are printing on is one that is Psoft compatible, so it should work right 'out of the box'.

gkaiseril View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote gkaiseril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2012 at 6:02pm

Have you talked to the People Soft tech support?

There is a time requirement for getting these forms to the employees.

bbahney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote bbahney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2012 at 3:59pm

Yes, I did try that and no luck. The 'mouse' does change to four-arrows, but when I drag it, the text does not move. I'm about ready to throw in the towel; either I am really dense, or this product is not very user-friendly or intuitive!

aandi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote aandi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2012 at 3:50pm
I'd move it by dragging, not with the space bar...
bbahney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote bbahney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2012 at 11:15am
Thanks so much for taking the time to reply; I am going pass on what you suggest to our Print Shop folks in hopes that this is truly only a printer problem - like I have been trying to convinve them all along - and that I do not have to try and modify the delivered PDF template as Adobe Acrobat X just is NOT my friend right now.
bbahney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote bbahney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2012 at 11:12am

Following your instructions, the text I want to move is 'surrounded' by a blue box, so I was thinking all I had to do was to hit the spacebar to move it a few spaces to the right, but when I do this, I am dropped to the bottom of the form.

aandi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote aandi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2012 at 6:18pm
In Acrobat X, if it is text rather than fields (I really don't know the software you mention), you would click the Tools button on the toolbar, then under Content, choose Edit Object. Now proceed to select a block of text and see if you can move it.
gkaiseril View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote gkaiseril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2012 at 5:25pm
You can move the form fields to the right or pad the input with leading spaces.

If this is an issue with the amount fields, then you will need to shift the amount fields to the right as needed.

Your print shop could also check the scaling to see if the shifts or adjust the field data to fit the form.
bbahney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote bbahney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2012 at 9:24am
Actually what I need to modfiy is our 2011 W2 form.

Right now the Employer/Employee/State information is printing like this on the W2:

COMPANY TQA
1400 CALIFORNIA ST
WALNUT CREEK CA 94596

JOHN DOE
123 MAPLE STREET
PITTSBURGH PA 15239

PA

But our Print Shop is asking me to move the print over a few spaces:

COMPANY TQA
   1400 CALIFORNIA ST
   WALNUT CREEK CA 94596

JOHN DOE
   123 MAPLE STREET
   PITTSBURGH PA 15239

PA

I attempted what you suggested yesterday, but found out that I do actually have the Adobe Acrobat X version and not Version 9 as I told you yesterday - so sorry!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic