Planet PDF Forum Planet PDF Forum
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - List/Combo field option populated by other entries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hi, welcome to the Foxit Planet PDF Forum. If you have PDF or Adobe Acrobat questions then the right place to ask them is here, in this forum.

List/Combo field option populated by other entries

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Maki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Maki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: List/Combo field option populated by other entries
    Posted: 25 Feb 2014 at 7:43am
Hi!

How do I populate list/combo options from values of text fields entered by the user?

It is part of my dog club application form (again). Membership is by household/family and there are text fields to collect names of all family members that may be handling dogs on our grounds.  I would like to have these family members' names appear as options for dog's handler list, as each dog has to have one dedicated handler from the family.

I have created a simplified form to demonstrate what I'm trying to figure out.

The names that go into GivenName and Surname text fields should appear in HandlerList field as options.  There will have to be at least one handler and one dog but it is not required to have all 5 handler and 2 dog fields filled in.

One little hitch is that if there are two dogs and both are to be trained on the same day, either Thursday or Sunday, then the same person cannot be handling both dogs.

I've searched web for solutions but could only locate one list/combo box change options of another.

Could someone help me out writing javascript for this?

Thank you.
Maki@Canberra, AUS
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic