Planet PDF Forum Planet PDF Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hi, welcome to the Foxit Planet PDF Forum. If you have PDF or Adobe Acrobat questions then the right place to ask them is here, in this forum.

Tool bar added to an uolaoded PDF

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Quaedor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Quaedor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tool bar added to an uolaoded PDF
    Posted: 10 Feb 2017 at 6:48pm
The 'Subject' is not very good but it's all I could think of - apologies!

I converted an Excel 2016 spreadsheet into a ‘PDF’ using the program’s built-in ‘print’ facility and selecting, as the printer, a program called ‘PDFCreator’. The resultant ‘PDF’ looks fine.

Having created the PDF, I upload it, from my home computer, to a remote computer system, a few miles away.

However, when I go to look at the PDF, on the remote terminal, it comes up surrounded by tools such as ‘print’, ‘save’ and ‘comment’ and many others – none of which were in the converter program. It looks as though this would allow the PDF to be modified by the person viewing it, if the right programs/features were connected, which they aren’t. The remote terminal is purely for visitors to view certain documents on.

It looks to me as though the problem lies with the remote pdf reader/browser as I can’t see where else the tools ‘bar’ comes from. I don’t see how I could be uploading this information with the PDF but, as the original team that built the website (it’s a modified WordPress program) have left, no one knows what browser/reader is installed.

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, somehow got installed on my machine (I <b>must</b> have done that but don’t remember) some time ago and could that, somehow, be causing the problem?

I'm new to the forum - is there any way of uploading a screenshot of the problem screen?

Hope that’s enough info (and this is the correct forum!)and any help very much appreciated.
Sponsored Links

BAlheit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAlheit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2017 at 7:49am
The tools are not part of the PDF file.
Quaedor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Quaedor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2017 at 3:45pm
Thanks BAIheit.

I couldn't see how they could be. The people maintaining the remote system told me, some many months ago, that they had up-dated the old PDF viewer (which is all I want - just a simple viewer, nothing else) but I believe that they replaced it with Adobe Acrobat Reader DC or another Acrobat reader that allows the viewer to make changes. I'll check with them on Monday.

It can't be what I'm doing at this end but it puzzled me and I thought that, perhaps, I was doing something wrong.

So, thanks again
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic