Planet PDF Forum Planet PDF Forum
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Synchronized text highlighting and audio with JS
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hi, welcome to the Foxit Planet PDF Forum. If you have PDF or Adobe Acrobat questions then the right place to ask them is here, in this forum.

Synchronized text highlighting and audio with JS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
davidzweig View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote davidzweig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Synchronized text highlighting and audio with JS
    Posted: 07 May 2013 at 12:06pm
I have a PDF file, produced in InDesign, containing some text. I have an audio-recording of the text, and, I am wondering if it would be possible to:

-Start the audio playing when the page is turned to.
-Use Javascript to highlight the current sentance being read as the audio plays (start times for each sentance are available)
-Have a button to stop the audio playing, and allow the user to resume playback at another point by clicking on another sentance.

I have spent some time learning about the internal structure of PDFs with a view to creating a custom reader to implement this functionality. However, it occured to me that JS inside the PDF file might be able to cover this without the need for a custom reader application. I'm pretty sure this could be done with JS/HTML in a web-browser, but I need the tight control over layout that PDF offers. Before I invest a lot of time in learning how to use JS in PDFs, can anyone see any obstacles? Are all the required functions likely to be implemented in Android/iOS PDF readers?

Many Thanks

David
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic