Planet PDF Forum Planet PDF Forum
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - "StructElem" error when converting PDF to PDF/A
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hi, welcome to the Foxit Planet PDF Forum. If you have PDF or Adobe Acrobat questions then the right place to ask them is here, in this forum.

"StructElem" error when converting PDF to PDF/A

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
sohval01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote sohval01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "StructElem" error when converting PDF to PDF/A
    Posted: 22 Jan 2013 at 5:13pm

I work in the archives of a large institution where I am creating PDF/A preservation copies of documents for ingestion into our digital repository. I've been using Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro to convert regular PDFs to PDF/A.

When converting a document (via File > Export > PDF/A), I often encounter this error:

The document has been saved, however, it could not be converted according to the selected standard profile: Convert to PDF/A. Please use Preflight with the profile "Convert to PDF/A" in order to identify those properties of the document which prevent it from being compliant to this profile.

When I open Preflight, choose "PDF-A Compliance / Convert to PDF/A-1a (sRGB)" and hit "Analyze & Fix," I get some variation on this:

PDF document is not compliant with PDF/A-1a (2005)

Structured PDF: Type entry in a structure element not "StructElem"

Structured PDF: Type entry missing

Marked entry in MarkInfo not set to true

I've encountered the same problem many times on many different documents from a number of different departments. Is there anything I can do to fix this? Unfortunately, I don't have access to the source material, only to finished PDFs which I receive from various departments.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic