Planet PDF Forum Planet PDF Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hi, welcome to the Foxit Planet PDF Forum. If you have PDF or Adobe Acrobat questions then the right place to ask them is here, in this forum.

Sth. like OfficeLens for Windows 7

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
user12312421 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote user12312421 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sth. like OfficeLens for Windows 7
    Posted: 12 Feb 2017 at 3:01am
Hi,

I suppose some of you know these new fancy apps on smartphones like OfficeLens, Tinyscan or CamScan. What you can do with it is simple: you take a picture of a text (e.g. in a book, or even pictures of each page of a book) and then the app will allow you to crop the image or even auto crop the image for you. After that it will convert it to a pdf file in black & white so it actually looks like a decent scan. After that you could just run Adobe Acrobat OCR and thats it.
Most of these apps also allow importing pictures which where taken previously. 

My question: Do you know any kind of software allowing me this on my desktop PC? If so, it would be possible to take pictures of each page of a book and then to crop and convert them really fast and easy. If you are wondering: I am a student and I need to copy many many books for my research. In many libraries there are not even scanning mashines and if there are it is just ten times slower than taking pictures of each page instead... For now I use these scan apps mentioned above but it is really slow and I was wondering if there is a more professional approach...

Would be great if sb has a hint for me!

Best
Sponsored Links

Merlin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Merlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2017 at 10:16am
Hi.

Acrobat Reader Mobile was made for you : https://documents.adobe.com/

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic