Planet PDF Forum Planet PDF Forum
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Split pdf pages to single files and rename them
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hi, welcome to the Foxit Planet PDF Forum. If you have PDF or Adobe Acrobat questions then the right place to ask them is here, in this forum.

Split pdf pages to single files and rename them

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
incivek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote incivek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Split pdf pages to single files and rename them
    Posted: 03 Oct 2012 at 4:14am
Hi, I was wondering if there is any free software that would allow me to open up a multi-page pdf, then save each page as a single file while renaming them in the process? I scan all the delivery tickets of our store in at the end of the day using the photocopier's feeder so it becomes a big pdf file with many pages (each page is one ticket-but they are not in order). I need to save and rename each page manually with its own ticket number for easy tracking.
I guess I can split the pages, then open each one to see the ticket number, then close the file and rename it with that number but it takes a long time. I know a program named Junko allows me to open up a pdf and right click on each page to rename each one to a file- however in junko the images of these pages are so small I cannot see the ticket number so I don't know what I am renaming to.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
try67 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote try67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2012 at 10:25am
You can do it with a script in Acrobat.  However, if the file is OCR-ed then it might even be possible to use a script to automatically identify the ticket number on each page and save the page number using that number in the file-name directly, so you won't need to go back and open each file, find the ticket number and rename it manually. It will all happen in a single, automatic process.

If you're interested, I might be able to develop such a tool for you. You can contact me by email to discuss it further.
- Acrobat Expert - Contact me personally at try6767@gmail.com
Check out my custom-made scripts website: http://try67.blogspot.com
incivek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote incivek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2012 at 12:33pm
Hi, thank you so much for your help. I have emailed you at the email listed on your post. Please let me know further. Thank you!
bentale57 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote bentale57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2013 at 11:13am
Yes sure you can split pdf files with software applications like Kernel for PDF Split and Merge which allows a user to split large pdf files into smaller one and also to merge smaller pdf files to a single pdf file.
mhherr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote mhherr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2013 at 5:13am
If you have a full version of Acrobat, you can use the "Extract Pages" command to separate the individual pages. They will be crudely renamed as "Page from XXX", "Page from XXX(1)", "Page from XXX(2)", etc.  If you need different names, then you would still have to manually change them.  Perhaps the printer/scanner you are using has a "Scan as individual documents" function built in.
< style=":;:1000" ="application/x-dgnria" id="plugin0" height="0" width="0">< value="ff-tab-0" name="tabId">< value="222" name="counter">
bailando View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote bailando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2013 at 8:40am
I afraid, no free software. Though Adobe Reader is a freeware, but it cannot be used to edit or save the PDF files or pages. You can use Adobe Acrobat tool to split your PDF pages to single files. But it's not a freeware, you must have the full version to perform this action. Other than this, there are several third-party PDF splitter available in the market. Or you can split your PDFs online. A number of online programs are there. But if you don't want to share your confidential data, then third-party PDF splitter would be best for you. Get the reliable PDF split software, but try its demo version first. You may check free demo version of SysInfoTools PDF Split software. It easily and very safely splits a large sized PDF file into multiple files or pages. It is definitely worth a try.
Regards.

Edited by bailando - 05 Mar 2013 at 8:44am
becofuan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote becofuan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2015 at 2:49am
Just now, I found a PDF splitting guide. And here's a code sample for splitting PDF to multiple PDF file in C#:

// Used to register all DLL assemblies.
WorkRegistry.Reset();

String inputFilePath = Program.RootPath + "\\" + "1.pdf";
String outputFileName = "Output";
int[] splitIndex = new int[3] { 1, 3, 5 }; // Valid value for each index: 1 to (Page Count - 1).

// Create output PDF file path list
List<String> outputFilePaths = new List<String>();
for (int i = 0; i <= splitIndex.Length; i++)
{
        outputFilePaths.Add(Program.RootPath + "\\" + outputFileName + "_" + i.ToString() + ".pdf");
}

// Split input PDF file to 4 files:
// File 0: page 0.
// File 1: page 1 ~ 2.
// File 2: page 3 ~ 4.
// File 3: page 5 ~ the last page.
PDFDocument.SplitDocument(inputFilePath, splitIndex, outputFilePaths.ToArray());

gkaiseril View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote gkaiseril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2015 at 1:33am
With MS Office 2015 one can open a PDF in Word and edit the PDF as needed and then save the document back to a PDF. It appears you will need to save each page as a Doc file and then convert them back to a PDF.

If you do not have MS Office look at Apache OpenOffice.org and their PDF convert plug-in.
gkaiseril View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote gkaiseril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2015 at 3:32pm
To use the  code one needs to write a program with C# and compile the code. It should be possible to use the code to create an add-on extension for use within Acrobat.
guptarohan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote guptarohan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2016 at 6:50am
Online PDF Splitter is also a Good online application to Split pages as per requirement
Akki01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Akki01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 11:26am
To split PDF pages for free, you can use pdfdad.com tool. It will quickly extract the pages from PDF into separate pages.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic