Planet PDF Forum Planet PDF Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hi, welcome to the Foxit Planet PDF Forum. If you have PDF or Adobe Acrobat questions then the right place to ask them is here, in this forum.

Sorting through 1000s of docs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
RoboticsDrew View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote RoboticsDrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sorting through 1000s of docs
    Posted: 16 Sep 2016 at 9:41pm
I have a project I'm working on that involves 30,000+ pages of pdf documents.

The documents are saved in random groupings of pages from 1 to several dozen (i.e. one file might be a single page pdf document or it might be 50 pages).

I want to move each document into one of three different folders based on its content. So I want to open a file that might be 50 pages, and then sort each of the 50 pages--ideally with the click of a button.

I know I could probably "print to file" each individual page, but that would take forever. I'm hoping that someone can help me with a better alternative!

Thanks!
Sponsored Links

try67 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote try67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2016 at 9:58pm
How do you decide which page (or group of pages, it's not entirely clear from your description) should go where? It is something like: If the page contains the text "ABC" then save it to folder "X", if it contains "EFG" save it to folder "Y" and if it contains "HIJ" save it to folder "Z"? If so, then it might be possible to do it using a custom-made script, or a stand-alone application.
- Acrobat Expert - Contact me personally at try6767@gmail.com
Check out my custom-made scripts website: http://try67.blogspot.com

Post Options Post Options   Quote RoboticsDrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2016 at 11:00pm
Hey thanks for the response. 

I would decide which page based on my opinion about the page. I'm not looking for a script, because I have to look at each document. I'm looking for a simple "one click" way to simply move a given page into one of two subfolders
try67 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote try67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2016 at 10:26am
I see. That can also be done with a script, though. It can be used to add buttons to the application that will extract the current page (or prompt you to enter which pages to extract) and then save them to a pre-defined folder.

Post Options Post Options   Quote RoboticsDrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2016 at 3:13pm
Oh wow. Any idea where I can get such a script? Thanks!
try67 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote try67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2016 at 9:37pm
I can create it for you (for a fee, of course). Feel free to contact me privately to discuss it further.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic