Planet PDF Forum Planet PDF Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hi, welcome to the Foxit Planet PDF Forum. If you have PDF or Adobe Acrobat questions then the right place to ask them is here, in this forum.

Shortcut for reduced size PDF in Acobat

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ramicoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ramicoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shortcut for reduced size PDF in Acobat
    Posted: 21 Jul 2016 at 11:53am
Hello,

I have number of pdf files that need to be size reduced frequently but I'm wondering, is there some way to make a shortcut for that option like just be right clicking the pdf file the option shows on the menu instead of having to open the pdf file and go to save as.. ?

Thanks,
Sponsored Links

try67 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote try67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2016 at 12:37pm
No, you can't edit the menu that shows up when you right-click a file, but you can use an Action that does it and then place a shortcut to it on the toolbar, for quick access.
- Acrobat Expert - Contact me personally at try6767@gmail.com
Check out my custom-made scripts website: http://try67.blogspot.com
gkaiseril View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote gkaiseril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2016 at 6:08pm
With Acrobat Professional, you can create an action to reduce the size or even optimize the size of the PDF for an individual file or a group of files.
ramicoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ramicoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2016 at 8:00am
Hi, sorry for the delay

@try67 could you please explain how can I do this action for the command and place it on the toolbar pls
ramicoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ramicoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2016 at 8:01am
BTW I have Acrobat X in my laptop..
gkaiseril View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote gkaiseril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2016 at 5:05pm
Acrobat has 2 variations, Professional and Standard. Professional has the Batch Processor or Action Manager that can process multiple files at one time. With Acrobat DC Professional you can use the Action Manger to create a toolbar button to run the Optimizer.
ramicoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ramicoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2016 at 6:32am
Hello, Sorry for late answer

Ok I saw the action wizard and create new action button and there's reduce file size option at document processing tab, but how do I add the reduce file size to the toolbar? 
try67 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote try67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2016 at 9:18am
You can't do it with Acrobat X. You need the latest version, Acrobat DC.
- Acrobat Expert - Contact me personally at try6767@gmail.com
Check out my custom-made scripts website: http://try67.blogspot.com
ramicoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ramicoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2016 at 1:38pm
Oh, Ok then..

Thanks for replaying
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic