Planet PDF Forum Planet PDF Forum
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Seeking simple Batch Process Script to Auto Size T
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hi, welcome to the Foxit Planet PDF Forum. If you have PDF or Adobe Acrobat questions then the right place to ask them is here, in this forum.

Seeking simple Batch Process Script to Auto Size T

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
johnlabella@rcn.com View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote johnlabella@rcn.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Seeking simple Batch Process Script to Auto Size T
    Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 3:13pm
Seeking simple Batch Process Script to Auto Size Text for two fields in 5000+ PDFs

Hello. I have 5000 + PDFs and I need to make the text size "Auto" for two specific fields in many PDFs and to save them without a prompt. I can't find a sampe for this script anywhere.

The PDFs are housing applications for disabled persons and those who don't read English well - they prepopulate with data and I cannot legally alter the layout on the applications to work around this problem.

I use Adobe Acrobat DC and the files I need to edit are stored locally, then uploaded to my website.  

Below are samples of the batch process scripts I have tried and failed with. Can someone edit my script?  It is not succeeding in resizing the fields.

var f = this.getField("HHMember8-Ethnicity-5")
f.readonly = false
f.textSize = Auto;
f.readonly = true

var f = this.getField("HHMember9-Ethnicity-5")
f.readonly = false
f.charLimit= 3;
f.textSize = auto.size;
f.readonly = true

Here are samples of what I tried  that don't work. This gives you a clue as to how amateur I am  :-):
Thank you,
John LaBella
Sponsored Links

BAlheit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAlheit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2017 at 8:48am
Use this: f.textSize = 0;
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic