Planet PDF Forum Planet PDF Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hi, welcome to the Foxit Planet PDF Forum. If you have PDF or Adobe Acrobat questions then the right place to ask them is here, in this forum.

Security Issue!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Mareke2016 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mareke2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Security Issue!
    Posted: 23 Aug 2016 at 11:17am
Greetings ,

I have a question about security of PDF files.

I use password encryption for my pdf file to set some restrictions , but the most important one is  not allowing users to copy the content. (I do it with Foxit PhantomPDF)

This works fine when you use pdf readers to open the secured pdf file. But I noticed that If I open the secured pdf file with a web browser like firefox , then there is no restriction to prevent copying the content!!!

What to do ?!

Sponsored Links

BAlheit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAlheit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2016 at 9:04am
Some PDF viewers ignores the restrictions.
Mareke2016 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mareke2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2016 at 9:50pm
Originally posted by BAlheit BAlheit wrote:

Some PDF viewers ignores the restrictions.

What would be the use of restrictions then ?!

BAlheit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAlheit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2016 at 11:38am
Adobe products doesn't ignores the restrictions.
kdeabrew View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote kdeabrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2016 at 7:48pm
Yes, that is correct, it is not difficult to find a PDF viewer that will ignore restrictions, however, requiring a password for opening a document is something that only works with the password.
gkaiseril View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote gkaiseril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2016 at 11:59pm
The PDF standard is an International Standard no longer under Adobe's control. Many vendors can choose to follow them or not.

You might want to look at DRM or the use of digital certificates.

Even the best codes can eventually be broken with enough time.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic