Planet PDF Forum Planet PDF Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hi, welcome to the Foxit Planet PDF Forum. If you have PDF or Adobe Acrobat questions then the right place to ask them is here, in this forum.

Searching PDF using index

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
JeffBPaarsa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote JeffBPaarsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Searching PDF using index
    Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 9:25pm
Hi,

I do receive a lot of faxes in PDF and are stored in a folder... The entire files in the folder are OCRed and "full text index with catalog" are built them. 

I am looking for a JavaScript for searching phrases of string like "Request for Records", "Notice of Action"  and lot more phrases that I will decide later, using the built index, when a string phrase was found I would like to copy that file into a new folder I chose and folder will be defined in the code...  Currently I am doing this using getPageNthWord.

That process is slow and takes a while till it processes all the files. I would prefer this process to be done using PDF index to search for the whole phrase rather than scanning word by word of each page.

I am willing to pay fee if somebody develop that routine or help me on that..

Regards,
Jeff P. 

BAlheit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAlheit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2015 at 8:23am
Javascript can't access the index.

Post Options Post Options   Quote JeffBPaarsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2015 at 1:35pm
Hello,

Thanks for the response... any other suggestion for doing the process faster?

Regards,
Jeff P.
BAlheit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAlheit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2015 at 3:09pm
Create text files from the PDF files and use a program which search in the text files.

Post Options Post Options   Quote JeffBPaarsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2015 at 11:12pm
Hello,

Currently I have a JavsScript that does the search using the Built index and it uses aPath.pop(), I just don't know how to salvage the code and rather than poping up a dialog for all the hits "file names" that search has encountered into a dialog and display it, I just want to get the file names and do the copying of the file names into a new directory I decide in the code... I just do not know how to stop the display of and the dialog box but getting the file names and grab a copy of the file and copy it into a new directory. Any guidance is appreciated...

Regards,
Jeff P.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic