Planet PDF Forum Planet PDF Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hi, welcome to the Foxit Planet PDF Forum. If you have PDF or Adobe Acrobat questions then the right place to ask them is here, in this forum.

Script to export fields from Form A to Form B?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
smtasci View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote smtasci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Script to export fields from Form A to Form B?
    Posted: 06 Feb 2014 at 11:15pm

Hello,

I am in need of help creating a script to export all the data from one form (Form A) and import it into another form (Form B) when a button is clicked.

Form A is an order form which is filled out by my sales staff when processing a transaction. Once complete this form is emailed to our orders inbox. It contains text fields such as Customer Name, Address, Item Ordered, Profit, Costs etc. A customer friendly copy of this order (Form B) is also sent to the customer as confirmation. It has pretty much all the same text fields with the obvious exclusions such as Profit and Costs etc.

Currently my guys are either manually re-entering all of the information into Form B or those that have some knowledge of Adobe are exporting/importing. This is resulting poor productivity. 

Since the two forms require the same information it would be helpful to be able to export the required data from Form A and import it to Form B with the click of a button. 

If this is possible it will help solve these 3 problems;

1) Compliance. Our send rate needs to be 100% and currently we are finding some staff aren't always sending the confirmation email.
2) Poor productivity.
3) Human error. We often find that the data in the two documents don't match up. This makes it difficult to cross reference orders which have issues or when we are audited.

I'm hoping to add a script into the button which is located at the bottom of Form A. Currently when clicked it runs the 'Submit a Form' action that sends the file to our orders inbox. Ideally when clicked I would like it to follow this process;
-Export all the required data
-Send Form A via email
-Open Form B
-Import data
-Send Form B via email

I have already asked this question in the Adobe Forum and have had some responses suggesting that it will be possible via Javascript. Unfortunately with my limited knowledge I haven't a clue where to start and I haven't had any further replies to help solve my issue. I figured it might help to post in another forum as well.

I've attached a link to my previous post below in case that helps.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Sabri

try67 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote try67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2014 at 8:55am
If you're interested, I can create this script for you (for a small fee). You can contact me by email to discuss it further.
- Acrobat Expert - Contact me personally at try6767@gmail.com
Check out my custom-made scripts website: http://try67.blogspot.com
smtasci View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote smtasci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2014 at 1:11pm
Thanks,

Just dropped you an email and added you on Skype.

Sabri
breiter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote breiter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2014 at 4:22pm
Did the script work successfully? Is it possible to see the pdf in action? How much was the small fee?
try67 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote try67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2014 at 4:34pm
Yes, we got it working... Feel free to contact me privately to discuss your situation as well.
- Acrobat Expert - Contact me personally at try6767@gmail.com
Check out my custom-made scripts website: http://try67.blogspot.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic