Planet PDF Forum Planet PDF Forum
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Script for outputting page numbers into a table
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hi, welcome to the Foxit Planet PDF Forum. If you have PDF or Adobe Acrobat questions then the right place to ask them is here, in this forum.

Script for outputting page numbers into a table

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Newbee007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Newbee007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Script for outputting page numbers into a table
    Posted: 23 May 2014 at 6:26pm
Hello,

My company has a pdf catalog of all the products it sells. There are product codes in different sections for ordering purposes.

I was wondering if there is a way for me to add a script that will either prompt the user for a product code or a list of codes and then search the pdf file for the product code and output the page number where the product code is. 

There is a excel sheet we use to write the product codes and page numbers in the catalog when making a quotation and i would love to automate this process.

I do not know if it is even possible, but I would like to hear if you guys have any suggestions or point me in the right direction. If anyone has done anything similar and is willing to share It would be very helpful!!

Also if the pdf document was placed into a pdf portfolio will this work?

Thank you for taking the time to help me.
try67 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote try67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2014 at 10:01am
It's possible, but why re-invent the wheel? They can just use the built-in Find or Advanced Search features of Acrobat/Reader and get pretty much the same results...
- Acrobat Expert - Contact me personally at try6767@gmail.com
Check out my custom-made scripts website: http://try67.blogspot.com
Newbee007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Newbee007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2014 at 5:26pm
Hi,

thanks for the reply, yes that is how we do it today but sometimes the excel sheet could have more than 30 product codes and copying and pasting and scrolling to see the page number is really time consuming, I am trying to automate the process so that It automatically outputs the page numbers for a single product code or a group of product codes.

try67 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote try67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2014 at 5:32pm
OK, I see. Well, if you wish I could develop for you a script that will do that... Contact me privately to discuss it further.
- Acrobat Expert - Contact me personally at try6767@gmail.com
Check out my custom-made scripts website: http://try67.blogspot.com
gkaiseril View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote gkaiseril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2014 at 9:08pm
With the media distributed version of Acrobat, Adobe included a sample catalog with arrays containing the item number, description, and price. These arrays were used to populate the items in the catalog.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic