Planet PDF Forum Planet PDF Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hi, welcome to the Foxit Planet PDF Forum. If you have PDF or Adobe Acrobat questions then the right place to ask them is here, in this forum.

Scanning via forms...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jkitzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote jkitzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Scanning via forms...
    Posted: 12 Jul 2012 at 10:53pm
Okay. So... I've been away from the Acrobat JavaScript realm for a while, but here's my question for my new project. I'm working with a real estate office that wants to create a master file for all transaction/listing related forms. These are hard copies with wet signatures, so most do not exist currently as a pdf.

I have created a single-page Acrobat Form. On the form is a list of the various documents that will need to be scanned for each portfolio. What I'd *like* to do is have the user click a check box or button to scan in each form, one at a time, then add them to the portfolio. In this way, the user creates one master file with all the related documents.

There has to be a good way to click on "Market Analysis", for instance, and have the user prompted to insert the document into the scanner, then add that file, named "Market Analysis" to the portfolio. Any help is appreciated!

Thanks, jkitzy.
try67 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote try67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2012 at 11:22am
There isn't, unfortunately... The best you can do with a script is execute the menu item for the scanning process, but it doesn't give you any access to the file created. And even that would require installing a script on the local machine of each user...
- Acrobat Expert - Contact me personally at try6767@gmail.com
Check out my custom-made scripts website: http://try67.blogspot.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic