Planet PDF Forum Planet PDF Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hi, welcome to the Foxit Planet PDF Forum. If you have PDF or Adobe Acrobat questions then the right place to ask them is here, in this forum.

Save pdf using field names

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Trainman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Trainman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Save pdf using field names
    Posted: 12 Apr 2017 at 6:02pm
I'm new to this forum and new to javaScript, so sorry if this question is simple.

I would like to save a form before it has been signed, as I believe once its been signed you can not edit the form.

The question is, how to save the form using two fields from within the form, as the pdf's name.

i.e. IAG.pdf to ThomasSmith.pdf (First Name and Surname)

Trainman
MB
Sponsored Links

Merlin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Merlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2017 at 8:11pm
Hi.

This requires an application-level JavaScript, this could not be done from a PDF without an user prompt.
Trainman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Trainman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2017 at 2:30pm
Merlin

Thank you for your reply, I take it you mean a user prompt, is that from say then user pressing a button to do this.

Trainman
MB
gkaiseril View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote gkaiseril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 6:55pm
Not only do you need to provide a button, you also must install or have the user install a custom JavaScript file in a specific location on their system.

[URL=How to Save a PDF with Acrobat JavaScript][https://acrobatusers.com/tutorials/how-save-pdf-acrobat-javascript/URL] by Thom Parker. There are some changes after this article was written that require additional coding and
Trainman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Trainman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 8:10pm
Thank you for this link, I will look at this and see if my knowledge is up to this.
MB
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic