Planet PDF Forum Planet PDF Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hi, welcome to the Foxit Planet PDF Forum. If you have PDF or Adobe Acrobat questions then the right place to ask them is here, in this forum.

Retaining Editable fields in PDF Generation

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
dattasa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote dattasa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Retaining Editable fields in PDF Generation
    Posted: 29 Oct 2014 at 2:46pm
Hi,
I have been tasked to enhance an existing PDF generation process (through LiveCycle) where the genrated PDF form shall have upper section of the form as read-only(and pre filled with data - it refers an xsd) and the lower half (with fields for numeric values) to be editable . The PDF form that is fed into LiveCycle server (and I am using workbench to access the server, I also access the admin console) has all the fields as ediatble. Currently when the form comes out of LiveCycle and access through a web application, the output is just a printable , read-only page . It does not retain any editable field.

I have tried with attaching scripts(Form Calc or JavaScript) to those fields , but none of that helps. I have also looked at "Services" in the LiveCycle server but can not figure out or do not see a direct property that we can configure.

Kindly Help. We are using LiveCycle ES 8.2.

Thanks

Sponsored Links

aandi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote aandi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2014 at 3:56pm
Which LiveCycle product(s)? There are many.
dattasa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote dattasa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2014 at 5:48pm
Live Cycle Workbench and Live Cycle Designer
dattasa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote dattasa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2014 at 4:21pm
Guys , Can you help?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic