Planet PDF Forum Planet PDF Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hi, welcome to the Foxit Planet PDF Forum. If you have PDF or Adobe Acrobat questions then the right place to ask them is here, in this forum.

Restrict users to typing into only one fie

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
WaterWish298 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote WaterWish298 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Restrict users to typing into only one fie
    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 at 3:22pm
I'm working on a form that has many areas for the user to initial. (I am using regular text fields here because I think using multiple signature fields for all this initialing is asking for trouble.) In a few areas, the user needs to SELECT between two or three text fields and ONLY INITIAL ONE. How can I restrict these fields so that only one can be filled out/initialed? I know how to do this for checkboxes, but these fields will need to allow for alphabetic characters, hence my using text fields.
gkaiseril View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote gkaiseril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2019 at 10:53pm
You will have to write some custom JavaScript to either restrict keystrokes or validate the entry on exiting the field. For an exact answer much more information will be needed and you may find providing the full answer maybe quite complex.
WaterWish298 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote WaterWish298 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2019 at 2:56pm
Thanks for responding. I don't know JavaScript, which is why I posted in this forum. It seems like I can't be the first person who has had this need. It doesn't seem that unusual of a function to me, so I thought that someone probably already had written the script and would be willing to share. What other information would be needed to accomplish this?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic