Planet PDF Forum Planet PDF Forum
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Rendered Png -vs Acrobat print scale and offset
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hi, welcome to the Foxit Planet PDF Forum. If you have PDF or Adobe Acrobat questions then the right place to ask them is here, in this forum.

Rendered Png -vs Acrobat print scale and offset

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
greenstone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote greenstone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rendered Png -vs Acrobat print scale and offset
    Posted: 07 Jul 2016 at 8:38pm
When I do an Acrobat File/Save As/Image/Png (creating a .png image file) of a 1 page pdf, and print it to my HP printer.

Then I do a print of that .pdf directly from Acrobat

Then I put the two pieces of paper together and hold up to light ==> The resulting pages are a few pixels different in offset and scale.

Normally not a big deal, but a real problem in my case... I'm trying to use the .PNG as a web page background and writing a program to auto-generate the form fields onto this html page (based on the X/Y positions of the .pdf).  I'm auto generating web pages based on .pdfs.  Problem Result --> My generated html fields are progressively more and more pixels off as they go down the page.

Any suggestion how I can create .PNG of the .pdf that is more true to the .pdf (with regard to exact X and Y positions of the image)?

greenstone
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic