Planet PDF Forum Planet PDF Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hi, welcome to the Foxit Planet PDF Forum. If you have PDF or Adobe Acrobat questions then the right place to ask them is here, in this forum.

Printing slightly different

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jpswims View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote jpswims Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Printing slightly different
    Posted: 01 Feb 2013 at 3:17pm
Hello all,

Perhaps the "Developers" forum might be a better place to post this, however I will start here.

Our organization has a very simple PDF with some embedded text and signature images that require to print out on pre-printed stock, much like a diploma or award.  What my coworkers have noticed is the exact same PDF printing to the same printer, using WIN7, identical print drivers, etc. exhibits slightly different positioning of the signatures on the underlying form.

The ONLY difference between the OS's is that one machine is using Adobe Acrobat Reader X and the other is using Adobe Acrobat Pro X (as far as I am able to determine-98% certainty).

It will eventually be my job to fix this sort of problem from occurring, including the programmatic creation of PDF's for our organization in the future.

Any clues on this would be appreciated, so I can perhaps move this issue into the Developer forum and solve it forever.

Many thanks in advance....JP
jpswims-EST
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic