Planet PDF Forum Planet PDF Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hi, welcome to the Foxit Planet PDF Forum. If you have PDF or Adobe Acrobat questions then the right place to ask them is here, in this forum.

Printing PDF Files from Proprietary Software

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
DilbertIsMyHero View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote DilbertIsMyHero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Printing PDF Files from Proprietary Software
    Posted: 19 Dec 2011 at 7:27pm
I am confident that someone out there will have run across this problem before and be able to offer some suggestions.  This forum has proved very useful in the past for me when I have run across strange things about Acrobat.

We use a 'print on demand' kiosk at our trade shows.  Unfortunately, this kiosk uses proprietary software to do its thing.  It allows you to print and/or e-mail the datasheet.  This is a great idea, however, it unveiled a different problem.

Our datasheets are designed in InDesign and exported to PDF.  They contain a 0.25" margin, however there are some elements that bump right up against that margin.  Our logo, copyright, ITAR statement, etc. 

As a result of some of the elements being right up against the margins, they are getting cut off when printed from the kiosk.  The kiosk software also has a 0.25" margin which means our margin hugging elements are getting cut off. 

Is there a way, without having to re-do every datasheet, to overcome this?  Is there a way to 'force' certain things in a PDF file.  The one that comes to mind is 'Fit to Printable Area'.  Can this setting be somehow built into the file so that when it is opened this setting will always be there?  At our kiosk, someone walks up to it, clicks to select the datasheet and just clicks Print in their software.  Adobe Reader is never activated (as far as I know). 

Any suggestions, tips, tricks, workarounds, etc. would be appreciated:).

Thanks in advance!

Gilley Estes
DRS Technologies
RSTA Group
aandi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote aandi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2011 at 8:09pm
What is the software?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic