Planet PDF Forum Planet PDF Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hi, welcome to the Foxit Planet PDF Forum. If you have PDF or Adobe Acrobat questions then the right place to ask them is here, in this forum.

pop-up (onmouseover)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
iText_User View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote iText_User Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2012 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by try67 try67 wrote:

I doubt that will be any faster than using a tooltip

Thanks, your rating is very useful for me!

The bottom line is you're trying to use a PDF to do something it was never intended to do

But it looks nice, hmmm? ;)

Can you reproduce the approach in this article?
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.java.lib.itext.general/48075/match=table+tooltip

Is there a fast solution, when I agree to use mouseclicks instead of mouseover events to show further information?
try67 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote try67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2012 at 3:27pm
In the example you linked to they're creating an XFA form, which is totally different to an Acrobat Form. XFA forms can be created using LiveCycle Designer (or an external library, like iText), and they have their own advantages and disadvantages. Maybe for your purposes it would work better, but I don't have enough experience with it to say for sure.

Using mouse-clicks might make it simpler. In principle, you could then create a single large button (or other form field), and when the user clicks it you can use the mouse coordinates to determine which text to show... If this is something you wish to have developed for you, feel free to contact me privately.
- Acrobat Expert - Contact me personally at try6767@gmail.com
Check out my custom-made scripts website: http://try67.blogspot.com
iText_User View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote iText_User Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2012 at 4:09pm

Using mouse-clicks might make it simpler.

But inconvenient for the user ... ;)

I have no experience with annotations. Is it possible to use annotations without having thousands of icons on my pdf page? Can I use a transparent picture as icon? Another idea is, to use only annotations in form of colored rectangles. Are there annotations with freely selectable icons?
try67 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote try67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2012 at 4:15pm
Annotations don't usually have icons, only some kind of annotations. But I'm not sure you'll get much better results with thousands of annotations instead of thousands of form fields...
- Acrobat Expert - Contact me personally at try6767@gmail.com
Check out my custom-made scripts website: http://try67.blogspot.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic