Planet PDF Forum Planet PDF Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hi, welcome to the Foxit Planet PDF Forum. If you have PDF or Adobe Acrobat questions then the right place to ask them is here, in this forum.

PDF plots hybrid ACAD with "phantom" border

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MarkB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote MarkB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PDF plots hybrid ACAD with "phantom" border
    Posted: 12 Aug 2013 at 11:36pm
I'm using current PDF995 driver to plot a hybrid image out of AutoCAD. I use various versions (2002 to 2012), and get the same result. Straight vectors print out to a PDF document just fine, but when I overprint with a raster image in the background, a thin border appears in the PDF. The really funny part of this is that I didn't start having a problem until my clients started viewing my PDF pages with an Acrobat version that was later than Acrobat 8 Pro that I was currently using. I was able to verify the problem when I opened the files with a recently acquired version 10 Pro. I call the artifact a "phantom" border, because it appears coincident with my plotting "window" and when I zoom in to check the line thickness, it disappears. It also doesn't print to hard copy. That doesn't matter to my clients, though. THEY see the lines and it freaks them out. Has anyone else had this problem? P.S.; The same thing happens with the standard Adobe PDF driver.

Edited by MarkB - 12 Aug 2013 at 11:45pm
CADDelineators LLC
Indianapolis IN
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic