Planet PDF Forum Planet PDF Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hi, welcome to the Foxit Planet PDF Forum. If you have PDF or Adobe Acrobat questions then the right place to ask them is here, in this forum.

PDF PASSWORDS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
wordmonkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote wordmonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PDF PASSWORDS
    Posted: 31 Oct 2018 at 9:08am
Hi everyone.
I have struggled with this problem for over a year and have decided to ask on a forum for some help. Please bare in mind that  some of us are not as technically minded (ME) and therefore would appreciate it if any response is in a language I can understand!!

The issue:

I have a laptop which uses windows 10. Every time I scan in a document using a very simple scanner program called “Not another Scanner2” it always saves the pdf with a password, which at sometime I must have set because the password to open any PDF I do like this, is always the same and known to me. So I must have set some kind of demand a password for the opening of a pdf at some point, but I simply don't remember when and where.

I stopped using Adobe thinking it was that program and now use Foxit but it still happens. I think it something on my Laptop because, if I use my husbands PC and scan a document in, then saving it to a pen drive, then copy said file to my laptop, there is NEVER a password demand. So clearly its something on my PC that I have either set up or done in the past.  Does anyone have any idea of how can I remove this global command so that I can stop this happening when I use my laptop to scan in a document and save as a PDF.  Any help or advice gratefully received as its doing my head in and I don't really want my husband to wipe the drive and re-install everything, although its looking more and more likely this is the  only solution.

Sponsored Links

BAlheit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAlheit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2018 at 6:25am
Look at the settings of the scanner program.
wordmonkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote wordmonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2018 at 10:36am
 Thanks BAlheit   I have tried this before but revisited this morning and there is nothing on the printer settings that demands a password for opening PDFs.  It is clearly something on my computer that I have done (I only have a vague recall that I was asked a long time ago and put in the password that works to open each pdf that I want locking)  But now its every time I scan a document in using my laptop and the scan program. I have also checked the settings for the printer I use which is a Samsung one.  So I haven't a clue why or how to resolve it because its a pain when I send a document via email to someone as a pdf, they can't open it because of the password to open demand.
try67 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote try67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 10:37am
Contact the developers of that scan software and ask them about it.
There's no "global setting" that applies a security policy to a PDF when you create it.
- Acrobat Expert - Contact me personally at try6767@gmail.com
Check out my custom-made scripts website: http://try67.blogspot.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic