Planet PDF Forum Planet PDF Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hi, welcome to the Foxit Planet PDF Forum. If you have PDF or Adobe Acrobat questions then the right place to ask them is here, in this forum.

PDF password security

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
myash75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote myash75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PDF password security
    Posted: 10 Oct 2011 at 4:40pm
I'm creating password protection in Acrobat Pro X for editing the pdf but when the file is opened in different versions of Reader some of the protections I selected are not enabled.  
Sponsored Links

aandi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote aandi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2011 at 4:41pm
Can you be specific about which protection, and how you know it isn't enabled in Reader? (Also, which version of Reader)
myash75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote myash75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2011 at 1:16pm
Not needing a password to open the file. Password protection so the user is only able to print high res and not edit. When I go through the properties on the secured file some of the options are no longer secured. Acrobat Reader 9, using Acrobat X Pro to create the secure files.
aandi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote aandi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2011 at 1:43pm
Please be precise. Exactly which options are affected, and what do you see?

Also, do you see an effect from this - what is Reader able to do that you do not want?
creative0ger1218 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote creative0ger1218 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2013 at 8:13pm
Hi all,

I have problem with protecting existing PDF files. Now I have cca. 120 pdf file what i need to put on our firm network, but before i had to make decryption for these files. So I need a program or solution for ecryption all files at same time. Enybody some idea? Thanks
Jacky12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jacky12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2016 at 11:19am
Hi,

You can use the easy method to remove PDF security by drag and drop the PDF file into the Google chrome browser or any browser.  And ask you to enter the password of the PDF file. Then PDF file will open.
Press Ctrt+P to print for Windows user and for Mac user, press Cmd+P. Select the destination printer than Save as PDF. PDF file will be unlocked and no need to entering the password again. 

And there is also other method to unlock the PDF file by simply using a software to remove PDF security.

I hope that it will help you

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic