Planet PDF Forum Planet PDF Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hi, welcome to the Foxit Planet PDF Forum. If you have PDF or Adobe Acrobat questions then the right place to ask them is here, in this forum.

PDF organization with custom metadata

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
pw1400 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote pw1400 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PDF organization with custom metadata
    Posted: 27 Oct 2011 at 3:27pm
I am a musician with an extensive collection of sheet music scanned as pdfs. I would like to figure out the best way to organize my collection on my computer. Something similar to iTunes would be ideal, where I can sort by different categories. I would also like to be able to attach metadata such as composer and instrumentation to each pdf. What would you recommend for this?

Thanks!
Rowan View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote Rowan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2011 at 10:10am
Note: Debenu, the company I work for, owns and operates Planet PDF and the products I'm about to mention.

If you're looking for something similar to iTunes for organizing PDF files then you should checkout Benubird. It does not currently let you add custom metadata to PDF files, however, the next version will support this. As it is now you can add basic metadata such as Title, Author, Subject and Keywords to the PDF.

A new development phase has just started on Benubird so if you try it out and like it I recommend that you also post your feature requests in the Benubird forum.

Finally, if you would just like to add custom metadata to PDF files, without organizing them in a document management system, you can use one of our other tools called Quick PDF Tools which lets you add and remove custom metadata from PDF files.

Both Benubird and Quick PDF Tools are free products.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic