Planet PDF Forum Planet PDF Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hi, welcome to the Foxit Planet PDF Forum. If you have PDF or Adobe Acrobat questions then the right place to ask them is here, in this forum.

pdf modification breach

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
beatswork View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote beatswork Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: pdf modification breach
    Posted: 22 May 2014 at 9:07pm
I have an important court document that is showing a modification to the internal meta data(Im suspecting fraud). The program used to modify the file is: tx11 pdfversion 11.0.111.501
Is there any program that can roll the file back to the original?
Sponsored Links

aandi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote aandi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2014 at 11:04pm
What application is putting the message out, what function is doing the test, and what is the exact wording?
beatswork View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote beatswork Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2014 at 11:57pm
   They emailed me the file, I am on xp, right click properties there is a separate pdf tab. Indicating: The file was created jan 2012 and modified August 2013. The pdf producer is tx11 pdf 11.0.111.501.
   I had a friend of a friend look at it and he said "the content was modified, not the file container itself, August 1st 2013, 5:13 a.m. according to its meta data the modification was made by tx11 pdf version 11.0.111.501". He gave me a printout of the metadata but I dont know the program used.
   Whats interesting is the
modification date is the same in pdf properties tab but the modification time is 9 am a 4 hour difference. 5 am is before office hours 9 am is shortly after arriving. The august date was a week after a court order.
gkaiseril View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote gkaiseril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2014 at 5:14pm
Many time strings are based on the UTC date and time and then displayed to the user as the local time or the UTC adjusted for the time zone offset for the local time zone.
Is there a time zone difference involved?

beatswork View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote beatswork Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2014 at 8:25pm
I believe you are correct because the minutes are the same; but the modification occurred 19 months after the document was created.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic