Planet PDF Forum Planet PDF Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hi, welcome to the Foxit Planet PDF Forum. If you have PDF or Adobe Acrobat questions then the right place to ask them is here, in this forum.

PDF/A Selection & Scanning Software

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
gsddad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote gsddad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PDF/A Selection & Scanning Software
    Posted: 23 Feb 2013 at 3:44pm
I would like some recommendations for good software that will scan to PDF/A and software that will convert (preferably batch convert) PDF files to PDF/A. I have scanned documents in PDF and that need to be scanned to PDF that will be used for reference and research and also wonder whether PDF/A is the best format. I understand that PDF/A allows for searching of documents that have been created in that format and I hope that this correct.
Sponsored Links

aandi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote aandi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2013 at 6:18pm
You don't need PDF/A to be searchable. What you need is OCR.
PDF/A is an excellent format but it can be demanding. 
Some flavours of PDF/A require tagging, which is going to require you to review the reading order of every word of text, for example.
It's labour intensive enough proofreading the OCR.
BAlheit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAlheit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2015 at 2:09pm
Why do you repeat a 2 years old text?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic