Planet PDF Forum Planet PDF Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hi, welcome to the Foxit Planet PDF Forum. If you have PDF or Adobe Acrobat questions then the right place to ask them is here, in this forum.

outlook document with all attachments into PDF

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
errectstapler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote errectstapler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: outlook document with all attachments into PDF
    Posted: 24 Feb 2012 at 9:47pm
Ocassionally here at work we get an email that has 100 embedded emails, embedded excel and word documents. I would like to convert this entire email into one PDF for easy printing.  
I am using adobe X with adobe maker and Outlook 2007.
I do not have administrator rights.
I cannot install an software.

Thank you!

What I have tried:

1. In Outlook 2007, File >> Print >> and printing as Adobe brings up a screen "Save PDF File As" with a file name of Memo Style.pdf  if I click save, it converts the first email, but prints the attachments and embedded emails.

2. Moving the email to the desktop, then right clicking, and selecting "Convert  to Adobe PDF" and the same thing happens as #1

3. Using Adobe PDF maker. In the Outlook toolbar clicking the Adobe PDF button >> Convert selected Messages >> Create New PDF creates a PDF, but the attachments are embedded links, not actually PDF files.

4. Moving the email to the desktop, then in Adobe Pro, Create >> combine file into a single PDF. Will not recognize the email.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Edited by errectstapler - 24 Feb 2012 at 10:16pm
Sponsored Links

aandi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote aandi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2012 at 9:27pm
Never tried it but consider in option 1, FIRST setting Adobe PDF as the default printer.

Post Options Post Options   Quote errectstapler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2012 at 2:51pm

aandi,

Thank you for your response, I got the same result.

In Outlook 2007, File >> Print >> and printing as Adobe brings up a screen "Save PDF File As" with a file name of Memo Style.pdf  if I click save, it converts the first email, but prints the attachments and embedded emails.

Any other suggestions?
aandi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote aandi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2012 at 3:36pm
Where does it print the other attachments to, if you've changed the default printer to Adobe PDF? I would expect a lot of Adobe PDF prompts...
aandi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote aandi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2012 at 3:38pm
One thought... you should change the default printer BEFORE starting Outlook, so it never sees a printer, only Adobe PDF.

Edited by aandi - 27 Feb 2012 at 3:38pm

Post Options Post Options   Quote errectstapler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2012 at 5:13pm
PARTIAL SOLUTION

I found this for adobe pro users:

Convert email messages to PDFs (Windows)

The bottom collapsed section: (Outlook) Convert email folders to a new PDF is what I did. This converted the  entire email to a PDF portfolio.

I then found this great article, Batch Printing an Email Portfolio. Which allows me to print all emails at once, but not attachments. The adobe author of this article said the only way i can print these attachments is to buy an expensive rip off plug in for $189! $189 for a plug in which is 500 kb to 4 mb!

So that is where i am at now.

thank you.
=====

thanks aandi.

RE: Where does it print the other attachments to, if you've changed the default printer to Adobe PDF?

to my normally default printer. 

One thought... you should change the default printer BEFORE starting Outlook, so it never sees a printer, only Adobe PDF.

good idea, i see where you are goign with this. I tried this:

CHANGING DEFAULT PRINTER TO ADOBE PDF

I closed out outlook fully.
I changed the default printer to Adobe PDF
I made sure that emails were printing to Adobe PDF.

SELECTING EMAIL
I highlighted an email which had:
    1. an attachment
    2. another embedded email with another 3 attachments inside.
PRINTING  EMAIL TO ADOBE PDF

I "printed" the document to Adobe PDF.

The main email, the attached document, and the embedded email were all printed as seperate PDFs.
I was prompted on each individual PDF to create a name and then save.

The embedded email had the same name as the main email: Memo Style.pdf So I had to change the name before saving.

The Word 2007 document had the full directory location in its name, something like: C:/program files/ (I don't recall). So there was an error. I had to rename it and save it. This full directory name did not appear the second time I tried this.

The three documents in the embedded email did not print at all, I got no prompt to print them at all. 
So this solution appears like it will not work.

Edited by errectstapler - 27 Feb 2012 at 5:38pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic