Planet PDF Forum Planet PDF Forum
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Need help with specific tasks in fillable forms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hi, welcome to the Foxit Planet PDF Forum. If you have PDF or Adobe Acrobat questions then the right place to ask them is here, in this forum.

Need help with specific tasks in fillable forms

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
tfmeehan2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote tfmeehan2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need help with specific tasks in fillable forms
    Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 9:09pm
Sorry for the ambiguous title. I've been asked to look into doing two things for a fillable form. 

1. Need to create a customizable flyer that has a fillable field that a user would fill with their website url and when the completed flyer was sent to a customer the website would be clickable.

2. Want to create a group of fillable text fields that once filled could be sorted alpha or numerically.

If this ability already exists and I missed it, would welcome being pointed in the right direction. Might also be able to pay a little bit for an existing script if someone knows of one or a plugin that includes these abilities.

I'm a graphic designer with some experience creating interactive pdfs and forms and using javascript in them but won't have the time to learn scripting for this project. I've searched these forums and the internet but could not find anything. 

Thanks for any help or advice.

Sponsored Links

Horndoggie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Horndoggie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 9:31pm
Are you talking about rearranging the data on the form, or submitting the data and manipulating in someplace else?
Doug
tfmeehan2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote tfmeehan2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 3:31pm
For the sort, what they want to do is provide what basically appears to be a table i.e.
a column for product, a column for model number, a column for location, etc. and have each column sortable when you click on the column header. The column could just be a series of stacked fillable fields or an actual fillable column, whatever is possible.

The web url just need stop be a fillable field that the salesman or account person enters the url for that vendors website and when they send it to their clients it becomes a live link to the website.

Thanks.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic