Planet PDF Forum Planet PDF Forum
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Need help getting good links out of MS Word 2016
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hi, welcome to the Foxit Planet PDF Forum. If you have PDF or Adobe Acrobat questions then the right place to ask them is here, in this forum.

Need help getting good links out of MS Word 2016

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
herojig View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote herojig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need help getting good links out of MS Word 2016
    Posted: 18 Jan 2018 at 7:28am
I am using Word 2016, Windows 10, and PDFX-change (updated to latest). Makes perfect PDFs where all the links are present in the result (all bookmarks, TOC, paragraph cross references, etc. all work). 

But I want to upgrade PDFX-change to something newer, better like Adobe DC Pro or Nitro Pro. However, both those trials produce awful results as far as translating links / bookmarks in the original word file. For example, Nitro Pro creates good links for the TOC and html links, but for cross-references like "numbered item / para#" or page # links, those are translated out as plain text, no link. Adobe creates no links at all

What to do? I've tried these tools on two distinct and different machines, but with the same softwares and I get the same results. I've also check all the options that I can find relative to Word links/bookmarks. 

Am I really stuck with PDFX-change? Thx! 
Jigs

Edited by herojig - 18 Jan 2018 at 7:30am
Sponsored Links

karyncorrigan View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote karyncorrigan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 3:29pm
Hi Jigs,

If you have issues with many PDF converters, then you should check if the links in the Word file are standardized or if there is any unusual content in the file. Without the sample Word file it is hard to say 100%, but based on the provided information I don’t think you are stuck with PDFX-change, you just need to find the right tool for you. 

I would recommend trying these tools: 
PhantomPDF (you can download it here: https://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf-editor/)
or
PDF Toolkit - Desktop version of the Office to PDF Converter module (you can download it from here: https://www.foxitsoftware.com/products/pdf-toolkit/ ) and you can test it also online before downloading: https://online.foxitsoftware.com/view-and-edit?fromcwebtools=direct

They may suit you better than Adobe or Nitro.

Thanks,
Karyn
Content Marketing
Foxit Software

herojig View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote herojig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 3:31pm
Thx karyncorrigan, yes, I found that Foxit works great and I am using now. Thx! 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic