Planet PDF Forum Planet PDF Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hi, welcome to the Foxit Planet PDF Forum. If you have PDF or Adobe Acrobat questions then the right place to ask them is here, in this forum.

maximum buttons per page?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Caspzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Caspzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: maximum buttons per page?
    Posted: 29 Apr 2016 at 1:03pm
Hi everyone,

I've been deep-diving in the world of interactive pdf's (and thus used this site quite frequently). I'm nearly done with my project but I've run into a strange problem.

The situation: I've been working on a form that will serve as an assessment. It lists 7 "capabilities" each with 4 level indications so it has a total of 28 buttons. The buttons all execute a basic javascript to give them an "up" and "down" state, up being transparant and down being grayscale. Each button contains a text/description in the label which I have forced to be displayed as multiline using the javascript console.

Everything works fine for the first 26 buttons but - when I add the 27th button - the buttons no longer show in normal Adobe Reader DC. The selection hand doesn't show either when hovering over the buttons so it seems they are genuinely missing from the form. When button 27 is removed, the other 26 buttons show as normal again. Since I only need 2 more buttons, it's quite frustrating :P

Does anyone know if the number of buttons is limited per page and/or how to work around this?

I'm using a combination of Adobe DC Pro and NitroPDF (the last one just because it allows for quicker/easier editing). I can provide the exact javascripts if needed (or if anyone is interested).

Thanks in advance for your time.
Sponsored Links

BAlheit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAlheit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2016 at 2:44pm
There is no limit for the number of buttons. How did you create the buttons?
Caspzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Caspzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2016 at 3:34pm
I've just been dragging them into the pdf from the forms tab. I've just noticed that adding a button on another page generates the same effect. It only seems to affect buttons that have a javascript action associated with them (normal page navigation buttons are not affected).
BAlheit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAlheit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2016 at 10:33am
Can you post a link to the form?
Caspzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Caspzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2016 at 4:38pm
Hi Balheit,

I've found a workaround to the issue :) I'm not sure caused it but it seems it was just a bug. I tried saving it under different file formats like pdf/e etc. (I figured it couldn't hurt to try). Saving it as a reader extended, then "save a copy" and continue working with that copy somehow solved the button problem. 

I'll see if I can recreate the issue in a simpel way (and if so, see what adobe says and post it here).  

Thanks 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic