Planet PDF Forum Planet PDF Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hi, welcome to the Foxit Planet PDF Forum. If you have PDF or Adobe Acrobat questions then the right place to ask them is here, in this forum.

Link on PDF linking to the same PDF

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
genesai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote genesai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Link on PDF linking to the same PDF
    Posted: 08 Aug 2016 at 1:50pm
Hello guys!

I have a question that I hope some of you can answer: Is it possible to put a link on a PDF which when clicked, it scrolls you to a different part of the PDF.

Basically, I want to put some notes, which are important, but I don't want them at the start of my PDF, so I just want to write the notes at the end of my PDF, have a "Notes" link at the top linking to the notes at the end. If you have another idea that you think it could work, please tell me!

Thanks in advance,
genesai

Sponsored Links

gkaiseril View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote gkaiseril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2016 at 4:01pm
Use Acrobat to create a destination and then link to that destination.
vincy35 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote vincy35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2016 at 12:13pm
Having same doubt. Someone help me.???
PhilTilson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote PhilTilson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2016 at 4:34pm
What you need is a Bookmark.

There is a web site - http://www.pdfescape.com/open/ - that lets you edit a pdf file online.  (You can also download a version of this software, I believe).

First, Upload your pdf file.

Click on Link on the Tools panel, then click and drag around the text you want as your 'hotspot'.  This will bring up a choice of URL or Page.  Choose Page and it will show a combo box of all the page numbers in your document.  Select the page you want and click OK

The hotspot will now have a pale yellow background, and if you click on it, it will take you to your chosen page.

Phil

PhilTilson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote PhilTilson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2016 at 5:41pm
Sorry - what I was referring to is a Link and not a Bookmark!  The solution still works, though!

Phil
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic