Planet PDF Forum Planet PDF Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hi, welcome to the Foxit Planet PDF Forum. If you have PDF or Adobe Acrobat questions then the right place to ask them is here, in this forum.

Internal links in Full Screen Mode problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bobcharest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote bobcharest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Internal links in Full Screen Mode problem
    Posted: 28 May 2012 at 6:01pm
Hi,
This is my first post in the forum - looks like a great resource!
My software is Acrobat X Standard, Acrobat Reader X, and the OS is Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit with SP1 installed.
I am using PDF for music scores I've created. The PDF is 440 pages with 6 table of contents pages. I use the displays in full-screen mode. The pages are a custom landscape size (11"x7") for maximum viewing on an ASUS Slate PC with an 11.1" diagonal screen.
If I use the bookmarks to select a page and then ctrl/l, each of the pages displays correctly. If I use the onscreen controls to move back and forth, or the page up/down buttons, the display is correct as well.
The problem I have is when using internal links. For example, in the table of contents page, I've defined an internal link such that clicking on the word Africa brings me to the correct page for that tune. I also defined a link in the page for Africa that returns me to the TOC page. The intention is to navigate the PDF never leaving fullscreen mode and not using the bookmarks.
I bring up the Table Of Contents page in fullscreen mode (correctly sized) and when I click on the hyperlink to Africa, it now displays larger than the screen can display. Clicking on the hyperlink back to the TOC doesn't fix the size: it is still too big. Getting out of fullscreen mode and back in now displays any page in the correct fullscreen mode.
Has anyone here encountered this behavior or have any suggestions to fix this? I'm almost there with this implementation. I've uploaded an example PDF with the TOC and three tunes: Africa, Ain't No Stoppin' Us Now, and Ain't That A Kick In The Head.
Thanks,
Bob Charest 

Edited by bobcharest - 28 May 2012 at 6:19pm

Post Options Post Options   Quote bobcharest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2012 at 6:02pm
I didn't see the file I uploaded, so I edited the previous post.
Thanks,
Bob Charest

Edited by bobcharest - 28 May 2012 at 6:18pm

Post Options Post Options   Quote bobcharest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2012 at 7:25pm
Found the problem!
My method for creating the internal links was to highlight a text block, right-click and then Create Link. I set the location by using the bookmarks to display the page I wanted then Set Link.

I just used the Link tool to examine the links that were created and they defaulted to a display style of Fit Width. This created the wrong aspect ratio. I've set the display properties to inherit zoom and I'm all set.

Thanks,
Bob Charest
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic