Planet PDF Forum Planet PDF Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hi, welcome to the Foxit Planet PDF Forum. If you have PDF or Adobe Acrobat questions then the right place to ask them is here, in this forum.

Inserting bookmarks to PDF

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MelissaDavis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote MelissaDavis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Inserting bookmarks to PDF
    Posted: 30 Jun 2016 at 3:50pm
I am using Microsoft Publisher in Office 365 to generate the PDF using Publisher's 'Save As' feature. How can I add bookmarks to the PDF either before or after it is generated?
Thanks,
Melissa
Sponsored Links

try67 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote try67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2016 at 4:28pm
Before it's created can only be done if you use the Adobe PDFMaker plugin to generate the file.
Afterwards can be done in Acrobat. Open the Bookmarks panel and click the New Bookmark icon, or press Ctrl+B to create a new one.
- Acrobat Expert - Contact me personally at try6767@gmail.com
Check out my custom-made scripts website: http://try67.blogspot.com
gkaiseril View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote gkaiseril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2016 at 6:23pm
As you have found out there is no PDF Maker in MS Publisher. This means you can only print using the Adobe PDF printer. Just like real paper there are no bookmarks. You have to add them to the created PDF using Acrobat to insert a new bookmark from the Bookmark Nav Panel or the Edit PDF tool. You can also highlight the text for the bookmark name and use the key combination "Ctrl/Option" key + the "B" key.

Post Options Post Options   Quote MelissaDavis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2016 at 4:17am
Thanks for your replies. I am using Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (2015 Release). I am not able to find the Bookmark Nav Panel as illustrated in https://acctgtech.wordpress.com/2010/10/25/adobe-acrobat-show-bookmarks-every-time-a-pdf-is-opened/

When I go File > Properties the window does not include the Initial View tab.

How do I get to the Bookmark Nav Panel?
Thanks,
Melissa
BAlheit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAlheit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2016 at 8:31am
Buy and install Adobe Acrobat. The free Reader can't create bookmarks.

Post Options Post Options   Quote MelissaDavis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2016 at 3:01pm
Are there any third-party tools I can use to add bookmarks after a one-time purchase (or available free)?
Thanks,
Melissa
gkaiseril View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote gkaiseril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2016 at 4:18pm
There are 3rd party but they cost as much or more than Acrobat.

Adobe offers a 30 day free trail for Acrobat DC Professional.
PhilTilson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote PhilTilson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2016 at 4:37pm
Melissa -

See my reply to the topic Link on PDF linking to the same PDF on this forum.  You can do it for nothing!

Phil

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic