Planet PDF Forum Planet PDF Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hi, welcome to the Foxit Planet PDF Forum. If you have PDF or Adobe Acrobat questions then the right place to ask them is here, in this forum.

How to Split a Big PDF file based on text

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
lagyt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote lagyt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to Split a Big PDF file based on text
    Posted: 13 Apr 2012 at 11:07pm
Hi
I'm trying to split a big PDF file into smaller multiple files and I've tried a couple of software packages that didn't work. All the software that I've tested requires it to focus on a specific area of a PDF page. If the content of the area changes, then the software will write out a new file.  For instance take a PDF file with a bunch of invoices and the invoice number is at the top left hand corner of every page. Everytime there is a change in the invoice number, a new file will be written.

What I need is to split a PDF file based on a specific string of text. Everytime there's a specific string like "Student Name :" at the top of a page, the software should write out a new file. Other pages that don't contain the string at the top of the page should be associated with and written out with the new file.

Thank you in advance.
gt
try67 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote try67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2012 at 10:38am
Depending on how the file is set up, I could probably create for you a script that does that.
If you're interested, you can contact me at try6767@gmail.com to discuss it further.
- Acrobat Expert - Contact me personally at try6767@gmail.com
Check out my custom-made scripts website: http://try67.blogspot.com
lagyt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote lagyt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 6:26pm
Thanks try67 but I found a software that does the trick. It's A-PDF Content Splitter.
gt
try67 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote try67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2012 at 9:13am
It costs about double what I usually charge for this kind of projects, but it's your decision, of course...
- Acrobat Expert - Contact me personally at try6767@gmail.com
Check out my custom-made scripts website: http://try67.blogspot.com
tkWA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote tkWA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2012 at 3:54pm
I agree with lagyt, A-PDF Content Splitter is an easy to use, efficient splitter that I have used for about a year to split 20,000 page documents into separate variable page pdfs based on account number, where each file is renamed using data from the content search criteria. To me the price was good based on the fact that I need to use this feature so many times during the course of a month. Here's the link if you want to know more.

Edited by Rowan - 01 Jul 2012 at 8:12pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic