Planet PDF Forum Planet PDF Forum
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - How to optimize PDF documents larger than 50 MB?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hi, welcome to the Foxit Planet PDF Forum. If you have PDF or Adobe Acrobat questions then the right place to ask them is here, in this forum.

How to optimize PDF documents larger than 50 MB?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
oald View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote oald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to optimize PDF documents larger than 50 MB?
    Posted: 18 Nov 2011 at 1:35pm
We need to optimize PDF documents to version 1.4 with Fast Web View during our daily work, we use "Advanced - PDF Optimizer" of Acrobat 8 Pro, but when we optimize PDF documents larger than 50 MB, we need to wait for a long time and generally the process fails with error message saying "... memory cannot be read", I think maybe the memory overflows due to the size of the document, is there any resolution for this? Your help is really appreciated!
My Product Information:
Acrobat Pro 8.1.6, Windows
Sponsored Links

aandi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote aandi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2011 at 2:52pm
"Memory cannot be read" doesn't mean memory has run out, it is a bug. This is a crash.

(However, the bug could be that memory runs out THEN it does something wrong and crashes - you'd have to monitor the memory usage to see that).

PDFs vary wildly. There won't be a general problem with 50 MB files, but obviously something in your files is pushing Acrobat too far. You are two releases behind - maybe the bug is fixed in Acrobat X.

You could also try turning OFF all the options. If it then works, add them back until you find one specific option which is the problem. Maybe you'll find it is one you can live without.
illbzo1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote illbzo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2011 at 2:18pm
I'm a bit confused. Does this happen with EVERY PDF larger than 50mb, or most, or just some? If it's every PDF, I'd suggest updating to Acrobat X and see if that fixes the issue, since that sounds more like a program error than a problem with the files.
DocRaptor | HTML to PDF converter
oald View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote oald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2011 at 7:34am
Hi aandi, thanks so much for your in-depth explanations! I will try Acrobat 9 and get back to you with my updates.  You are really an expert in Acrobat, but more importantly, you are so selfless and ready to help!
My Product Information:
oald View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote oald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2011 at 8:09am
Hi illbzo1, thanks for your answer! I wonder what do you mean by "Acrobat X", do you mean "Acrobat 9" or "Acrobat 10"?
My Product Information:
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic