Planet PDF Forum Planet PDF Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hi, welcome to the Foxit Planet PDF Forum. If you have PDF or Adobe Acrobat questions then the right place to ask them is here, in this forum.

How to keep my bookmarks?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ColinPearson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ColinPearson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to keep my bookmarks?
    Posted: 20 Jan 2012 at 1:41pm
Hi all, new to the forum, so thanks for any replies you may have.

I have a problem with a document - obviously, I suppose; otherwise I probably wouldn't be here :)

I have a combined pdf that I have made from a large number of tiff files that were individually converted to pdf.  The tiffs are scanned images of drawings on various sheet sizes (8.5x11, 18x24, 24x36, etc) and as such are all different sizes (And 70MB tiffs do not play well with my computer).  I had Automatically creating Bookmarks turned on, so the original file names are bookmarked at the first page of each original file (in this case, it's one bookmark per every page since each file was only one image).

Now I need to scale all pages to 11x17 for distribution among my coworkers, and so I can print without running into issues.  The problem is that I don't know how to do this AND keep the bookmarks.   So far, I've:
(a) Printed to a new pdf from Acrobat, but I found out that this does not retain links, bookmarks, etc, so I tried
(b) Went to Document>Crop and chose 11x17 as a page size, but it seems to scale all pages based on how much it scales the largest original.  That is, my 24x36 originals looked ok on the 11x17 page size, but my smaller originals were shrunken waaay down in the middle of the page.

Any thought folks?
Windows XP, Acrobat Pro 9.2.0

Adding bookmarks by hand is an option, though unnattractive due to the large number of drawings I'm dealing with.
BAlheit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAlheit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2012 at 4:54pm
In the old file use replace pages with the new file.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic