Planet PDF Forum Planet PDF Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hi, welcome to the Foxit Planet PDF Forum. If you have PDF or Adobe Acrobat questions then the right place to ask them is here, in this forum.

How to encrypt JS script document (*.js)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
oald View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote oald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to encrypt JS script document (*.js)
    Posted: 29 Sep 2011 at 12:25pm
I create a folder level JavaScipipt and save it as config.js, I wonder how I can encrypt the file so that the users don't have access to the source codes.

Your answers and suggestions are really appreciated!
Sponsored Links

aandi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote aandi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2011 at 3:44pm
In theory you could have an encrypted file, but you would also need a plaintext file which contained the keys and JavaScript for decrypting it.  In short, while you can obfuscate, you can't usefully encrypt - as far as I can see.

In this respect it's like anything (JavaScript, HTML, CSS) used on a web site.

Edited by aandi - 29 Sep 2011 at 3:45pm
BAlheit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAlheit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2011 at 4:18pm
oald View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote oald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2011 at 12:26pm

Hi aandi and BAlheit,

Thanks for your answers, I will have a try! Hope they work! :)
oald View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote oald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2011 at 12:30pm
I have a try in JavaScript debugger, yes, the obfuscated codes works! Thanks so much for sharin this!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic